Dudley's health champions come from a range of different backgrounds but they all have one thing in common - the desire to support others in their community to improve their health and wellbeing. Being a health champion can also help people to maintain a healthier lifestyle while providing support to others.
The e-bulletin is aimed at all our Health
Champions working or volunteering across Dudley borough, although others are also welcome to sign up to
receive it. It will provide updates on:
- Key health and wellbeing messages/ the latest guidance on staying well
- Information on local services, projects and initiatives
- Local, regional and national campaigns and links to materials
- Resources to support people to have healthy conversations and raise awareness of health and wellbeing
- Inspiring stories from Health Champions and volunteers who are helping to make every contact count and improve health and wellbeing outcomes in our local communities, workplaces and education settings.
Fill in the form below with your details and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
"40% of premature deaths are due to behaviours such as tobacco use, alcohol misuse, physical inactivity and poor diet"
"Talking to just a small number of people each can result in a very large number of people receiving health advice"
"Experts estimate that more than 4 in 10 cancer cases could be prevented by lifestyle changes."
"Screening can detect cancer at an early stage. For most cancers, early detection means the treatments are easier and have a higher chance of success."
"The longer you breastfeed, the longer the protection lasts and the greater the benefits"
"Breastfeeding can build a strong physical and emotional bond between mother and baby"
Breastfed babies are less likely to become obese, therefore reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes and other illnesses later in life"
"To lose weight, we need to change our current habits. This means eating less - even when we are eating a healthy, balanced diet - and being more active"
"You can ask for help"
"As Community Health Champions we can explain information to others in their own language and help them to know where to go."
"Take care of yourself"
"Prevention is better than cure"
"Early diagnosis is better for you."
"Don't keep it a secret!"